Resistance between cap leads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, this may be a silly question... i tried google around but i couldn't find an answer.
Can someone tell me what the resistor between the two leads of the capacitor is for? (The one on the lower right corner in the pic).
The ampli is a SS Kenwood ka4004.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20170116_123216-1.jpg
    20170116_123216-1.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 137
Uh, yeah.
But to partially answer the original question, I have seen drain, or bleed resistance added to capacitors in an effort to further dampen the circuit. A typical value on a dac power pin would be 1 meg for example.
I did not look at your circuit, but if there is a regulator involved, the dampening may be a desired effect.

Can´t se what leg is what in that multn section cap, but that 900 ohm resistor can do one o0f 2 things, both useful to what the cirrcuit designer wanted to acheve.
1) if the resistor goes from positive to positive, it´sprobably part of a CRC supply filter circuit, it being the "R" part.
Google CRC supply filter to understand what it does.
2) if from positive to ground, it´s a bleeder resistor, it ensures than when amp is turned off, it discharges to 0V in a reasonable amout of time, usually minutes or less.
In this latter case, it might have been added at the assembly stage if they found it desirable, and not necessarily back annotted to original printed schematic. No big deal.
Many schematics include the "we reserve the right to modify it at any moment" label.

Thanks everyone for your answers.
The resistor is from positive to negative, which is grounded to the case.
Visually, it looks like an "aftermarket" job but, as rayma noticed, the resistor is the schematic so I think that the right answer may be point 2) by JMFahey: that would explain why the ampli works exactly the same when I tried removing it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.