Speaker repairment - what do I need and where to get it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear audio lovers,

I have decided to repair my speaker on my own and i would like to ask some questions which are bothering me and hopefully get some answers.
Thank you in advance for any kind of help :)

I borrowed machine for winding copper wire so I would like to make voice coil as well :)

I have 15" bass speaker Yamaha.

Q.1. Where I can buy midprice/good quality spare parts for speaker ( copper wire, aluminium strip or something else for making a voice coil, spider, paper cone, dust cover, gaskets and needed adhesives) ?

Q.2. If removing damaged voice coil do I have to take off paper cone and spider as well or is there some way to change the voice coil without damaging paper cone and spider?

Q.3. Are there some websites where I can find some sort of table chart with info about sizes of voice coils dependant on size of the speaker and amount of copper wire windings (with size ofcourse) needed to be winded on that particular voice coil?

Q.4. Are there any formulas which I can use to determine needed specifications, like number of windings on the voice coil?

Q.5. On which spare parts I can save money and on which is better not?

Q.6. Are there any standard sizes of voice coils depending on size of speakers?

That would be all for now :)

Thank you and hope to hear some quality answers soon :)

Take care

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.