Need an advice/suggestions for merging two speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need an advice/suggestions for columns between two speakers

Hi there, I have added Rythmik F8 to Harbeth P3s and trying to find the way to merge them (my wife is not so happy we have two speakers in the living room :forbiddn: ). As you can see in the attached photo they are quite space consuming.

My initial plan was to rebuild the F8 boxes, but I put this on hold and will wrap them in 3M 1080 white gloss vinyl. (BTW if anyone know, once I remove them will this break the current piano gloss finish?)
Also. I had intention to cut those two columns from P3's stands short (9-12"), put a base and simply stack them. As of now there is blue tack between P3s and the plate, the same would be done between F8's and bottom plate.

Now, I was googling for some time and found this: Central Channel Speaker Stands - VTI Manufacturing
My pick would be VSPC 13". The top plate would need to be cut shorter, but the problem is in the base. It is actually bigger than F8's WxL by inch :(
I like VSPCs because they have cable management built in.

Does anyone know some other similar designs in case I don't find anything and I would need to give this mini stand to be custom built?
Also, any other ideas would be more than welcome.

Cheers!!!

Attachments

• Sinergy.jpg
    Sinergy.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Well, replying to my own question. :)

I think I found something interesting here: ZAOR D-STANDS
Could someone give me a hint how they made it adjustable in size, please? I mean, I understand the column rotates, but not sure how they did it, have they placed it on a screw?

They also have this product: ZAOR MIZA D-STANDS ZAOR - Shop ZAOR – Shop which I believe has this middle ring used as a spring.

Aesthetically, the first one looks much better, but not sure if it has any lock (I would like it to spin when the bass hits).

Can anyone give me an advice what kind of screw or mechanism might have been used in these ZAOR D-STANDS, please?

If it is a screw, is there some type of screw that has higher friction then the other types (regular one)?
The middle column should have some kind of resistance so it doesn't rotate on its own or due to vibrations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.