CLD: LXmini

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Account Closed
Joined 2001
Green glue is quite viscous, yes?
I can't envision a procedure that would guarantee you'd achieve full filling of the cavity between the pipes. Maybe some type of pressurized application while the pipes rotate relative to each other??

I think I would just fill the cavity with sand. :)

Dave.

As important as filling the voids is how long will it take GG to cure sheathed in a plastic that cannot breath. 6 months or more I bet. To fill the voids it only takes a vacuum pump.

Is this the sensible thing to do? I wouldn't without running through all the normal checks to see what the requirements are, e.g. attention to detail, dampening material used and the mechanical characteristics of the constraining layers and what that resultant simulated sum total is first.

Sand would be my first choice for this application as it would be a small amount of mass comparatively speaking, the LXmini is rather small to begin with. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.