3-way open baffle, first build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone. I've barely ever done any woodwork and basically know nothing so I figured I'd ask some questions before I go in.

I'm planning on building these speaker baffles and my plan is to use 3/4in birch plywood and have Lowe's do the major cuts. They can do large cuts on their plywood and I've had them cut down a big panel into 10 pieces or so and just paid 25 cents or something for each cut. I don't have a solid shop space yet so I'm gonna stick with that for big cuts.

I want the speakers to be 12 in baffle on the front by 48 inches high. Then a base panel on the bottom sticking back 10 inches deep including the thickness of the front baffle. Then I want to use two more panels and draw lines on them and cut them to make something like the shape I drew on the paper.

Tool wise my plan is to get a good router and these

Jasper Circle Jig Model 200

Jasper Circle Jig Model 400

Can I make the free cuts like I drew on the paper with some attachment to a router? Anyways other than cutting the circle cuts, don't I just need a good drill to screw the panels together and wood glue? Is there anything I'm missing? I feel like that's too easy and really want to do this the right way if I'm gonna do it. Do I have to consider the blade thickness for cuts?

Attachments

• 1466186252765581138503.jpg
    1466186252765581138503.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 158
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.