Carpet tiles for lining box & volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a quick one.. I have access to shed loads of carpet tiles.
They are 2 mm rubber backed and about 8mm'ish of carpet/nylon
I have read they work fine for lining, but the question is, are they that thick that they decrease volume and if so do I need to compensate for the internal size?
Going inside 12mm Birch Pine.

They have a solid bitumen type backing, so yes they'll reduce the volume an amount if used "everywhere". Not too sure on the carpet bits but they're dense twisted fibres, ISTR.

I s'pose rule of thumb would be treat it as a 3mm or 4mm reduction per unit area covered.

They should do something of a job of mass damping big open areas if glued in strongly enough.

They have a solid bitumen type backing, so yes they'll reduce the volume an amount if used "everywhere". Not too sure on the carpet bits but they're dense twisted fibres, ISTR.

I s'pose rule of thumb would be treat it as a 3mm or 4mm reduction per unit area covered.

They should do something of a job of mass damping big open areas if glued in strongly enough.

Thanks Jerms that answers that :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.