Bluetooth module help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I'm building a very small bluetooth speaker, and seem to have run into a bit of a problem.

I bought a small 5v 2x3w audio amp board (this to be precise: MaiTech DIY 2 x 3W Power Amplifier Board Module - Green - Free Shipping - DealExtreme), and everything seems reasonably straight forward with that. Its got an audio in (+, -, GND) and a speaker output (L: + - as well as R: + -).

I also bought a bluetooth module (CSR8635 2-Channel Bluetooth V4.0 Module - Black + Blue - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) which I thought I'd just have to find the spec sheet and work out which of those pins was power in, and the audio out channels to fit the amplifier. When I finally found a picture detailing the pins (scroll down a bit here: Wholesale CSR8635 stereo speaker module - Alibaba.com) things became a little more confusing.

It looks like the audio out is the same as that of the amplifier... that is it looks like the bluetooth module wants to be connected straight to the speakers? Its got a L+- and a R+-, but I can't find any information on the watts per channel or even whether the bluetooth module has an amp on board. I searched further and found a massive PDF doc called the datasheet (Download CSR8635 Datasheet PDF (CSR)), but it was super confusing and the picture of where the pins are does not seem to match the pins on my board or in the other picture - as in its a completely different shape with an even number of pins on all four sides.

Have I completely misunderstood what's going on here? And better yet, can anyone help me? I just want to be able to wire the bluetooth module to my amp, and also the power supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.