why do you leave your plywood edges exposed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and not veneer them or otherwise dress them up? I am making some surface plats with pretty birch plywood and decided Ill leave the layered edges visible, I think it there is a certain DIY charm about it. Why do you do it when its just as easy to dress up? Ive seen some extremely complicated well executed projects on DIY audio where people spend many many hours building and beautifully finishing pieces without dressing the edges up first. I used to scratch my head and wonder why it is, I disliked it and thought it somewhat took away from a brilliantly made piece. My ambitions used to be build something and aim for a professional showroom look thinking edges would take away from that. I never used to like it, now I do. Its just a curiosity is all Im interested to hear why. And if you have some pictures of projects with unfinished finished edges it would be nice to see some. It doesn't have to be audio related, furnishings are sexy too, be it whatever cause we like to see pictures.

Last edited:
Covering things in carpet always reminds me of custom vans from the '70's.:D

jeff

Attachments

• lord rings van 2.jpg
    lord rings van 2.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 324
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.