Replacing speakers to old home "Nutone" system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently bought a condo. It has a "Nutone" all room speaker system. Some of the speakers are crackly and need replaced.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

26 ohms 5in speakers. I have no idea what speakers to buy. Any ideas? I can get 5in mid range car speakers. But I've never see that ohm rating before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

crackly means what? the sounds or looking at paper cones.
you might need more trouble shooting the system if it just sounds crackly.
eg push to talk switches maybe /probably one of the culprits here. otherwise respect the high ohm impedance.

real estate purchases sometimes have insurance included, read the contract.
could try contact NuTone for parts advise.

How large are those ? if a 4" would do our friend Apexjr may have something that would work. Scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and look at the 4" sony for background music it should do ok. I believe it's listed as having a re of 20 ohms so it's nominal ohms rating would probably be closer to 30 or 35.

Speaker Stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.