How to remove lettering from chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, I bought a chassis with some lettering on the front panel I would like remove so its generic. I have tried Isopropyl and nail polish remover with no success.

I thought I saw a thread on this but can't seem to find it now. I know there is one on how to put lettering on a chassis but I want to get rid of a manufactureres name on mine.

Thx in advance
Neville

Did you try paint remover?

Is there paint between the lettering and the metal?

If there is and you only want to remove the lettering then don't use paint remover.

A picture might help.

:)

Hi Dug, there is no paint, just letters on stainless steel. Have not tried paint remover yet. Will have to see if I still have any. Are there any other household items I could also use?

Paint remover/thinner did not work on it. But here is pic of it.

Attachments

• $T2eC16d,!y0E9s2S7)Y-BR1velh1mQ~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16d,!y0E9s2S7)Y-BR1velh1mQ~~60_57.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 211
Old thread, new finding

I just removed the lettering from a black anodized Sony AVR frontplate witch acetone - built kinda dam made of holt melt glue around the lettering, filled it with acetone, let it work for twenty minutes and treatet the lettering with a tooth brush for about 5 minutes. Came off easy ... :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.