Ground Loops

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a pic if you want to check my connections on the choke and the 3K9 resistor. The choke is called EPCOS - B82724J2142N1 - CHOKE, COMMON MODE, 2X27MH, 1.4A.

Datasheet: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/400/b82724a_j-525424.pdf

The top par of pins on the choke goes to RCA ground on either connectors. The 3K9 resistor is connected to ground directly without a choke. The lower pairs of pins on the choke that is closest to the bottom of the box is for signal and source. Correct?

I had to order another choke, but now it is finished for both channels. It works great, but I think the sound is a little more vivid without the chokes. My RF noise varies from day to day, and right now it is not so bad, but it is nice to have a device that kills it. Thanks for the help!

POWER AMP GROUNDING

Hi benb & AJT

I was the VP of Engineering @ BGW for 8 +years.

BGW750 used such bridging technique see my post in BGW bridging-amp-balanced

Marshall Leach drawing is almost what I did @ BGW, the difference is that a single common lead from the filters went to the BIG BUSS WIRE @ the BANANAS OUTPUT POSTS and this was the common, No filter charging currents were common.

I hope this helps.
Duke:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.