Point to point Tube kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

First time poster here, and thought this seemed like the right forum for this thread. I've decided to try a tube amp instead of the solid state I currently am using, and thought it would be good to take the plunge on DIY. Since I've never done any electronics work since shop in high school (a looong time ago), I'm thinking I'd like to start with a kit. I've found several links to sites selling kits using PCB's, but a friend from my local audiophile group suggested that point-to-point might be a better route. From my searching online, I'm not sure if point-to-point will sound "better" than a well designed PCB based system, but it makes sense that point-to-point would be easier to modify later.

Anyway, I've been unsuccessful in finding any kits that aren't PCB based, and was wondering if anyone is aware of point-to-point based tube amp kits being sold. Although I want this first amp to be a good design, I'm primarily looking at it as a learning project.

Thanks in advance for any tips on where to find a kit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.