3 speakers and a sub woofer set up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to build a speaker cabinet with 3x10cm car speakers at the top and one 12" sub woofer bellow. They are all 4 ohm speakers. Can anyone recommend what amp I might need and possible wiring to hook it up? I've tried searching but haven't found much advice with a 3 speaker setups. Any help would be appreciated.

A bridgeable amp can run tri mode. Hook two up stereo and the sub mono bridged simultaneously.

Maybe, but given they're all 4-ohm drivers, you'll be loading each channel at something silly like 1.3ohm. That's just plain abusive.

Some amps will stand it, and just sit there and get warm. Others will shut down after a little while. The rest will just release the smoke.

Ive looked into the impedance and if I have 3 in series it will give 12 ohm and if they are wired parallel I will get a 1.3 ohm load. I don't know what sort of effect either will have on the amp as this is my first build. I have already built the box but was worried as to which amp to choose to run it as I don't want it to blow.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.