Audio Line Switcher For Backing Tracks Live

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All.

I have very little technical knowledge in this area so apologies in advance.

In principle i would like to make a line switcher for switching between audio interfaces that go to FOH

Im aware that radial do a great 1u, but is a little expensive and overkill for what i need. (Radial SW8? - Auto-Switcher)

I stumbled across a belkin printer/data switcher with dsub25 ports and wondered why this couldnt be used for a simple switch. I have no grounds to say that it would work but i couldnt see why not?

could anyone see an issue with this?

here is a link the sort of switcher im talking about.
http://blog-imgs-26-origin.fc2.com/m/o/v/movingsalesocal/078-data-transfer-switch2.jpg

Thank you very much
Oliver

How many sources? Let me arbitrarily say you have 5 sources. Instead of switching them, how about getting a simple small mixer, and feeding each one to a channel input. Now you can bring up whichever source you want, then the output of that small mixer continues on to FOH. WOuld that work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.