|Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|28th October 2013, 07:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: between my ears
portable wireless audio
I just had to do something about all these little overpriced bluetooth speakers flooding the market. we can take our wireless to a much better place. but..... i'm going to need some technical expertise in the field of 2.4ghz/bluetooth tech. questions at bottom
- .125 6061 AL - zero flex
- TI LM48511 chip @ 5.4w Per their schema
- bluetooth 4 with aptx - not a lot of devices with aptx now, but they're coming!
- 250mw antenna boost, shielded - ranged to around 70 ft. indoors
- 2300mah li-po power - full volume ~32 hr. runtime
- cylinder case is 1/4" ABS pipe coupler
- kicker ds40 coax speeaker - good sound spl at low watts
- 4.5" h x 5"d
As is, this thing is a monster. it's about as efficient as it can get in proportion to size and power. it ridiculously overbuilt... hence the name (com'on, we all name our loud little friends) AudioMace. this is the last thing a purse snatcher wants to get hit by.
Here's what i really want to accomplish (and i have a good idea of how it can be done, but not sure about some of the details):
i'd like to have another powered unit (sans bluetooth) that syncs up to this one so that they can play wirelessly in stereo.
2.4ghz sounds like the way to go, but...
- will it interfere with the bluetooth signal
- can i have it roam to another channel to avoid interference
- is there any delay/lag between both units
- will the sound quality be suffice
- what is the power drain on compounded to the power source
i've sourced some 2.4ghz boards from ebay (NRF24L01) @ ~30$ a set.
i really think the sound improvement from going to a low watt tripath chip will make these things perfect.
Soooo, does anyone have any experience with wireless 2.4g and bluetooth combos?
i really do appreciate all the help.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Clever bass from small wireless portable speaker||speakermagic||Full Range||24||22nd September 2013 07:58 AM|
|HP 3560A Portable Audio I have an HP 3560A 2 channel portable FFT analyzeFFT Analyzer||phaselag||Swap Meet||0||23rd November 2010 11:37 PM|
|My Portable Wireless Headphone Amplifier & DAC||pcomliu||Headphone Systems||33||10th May 2010 12:41 PM|
|Wireless audio?||Lostcause||PC Based||17||8th February 2010 05:53 PM|
|2.4GHz wireless audio - true lossless audio||Kay||Digital Source||0||30th January 2008 10:22 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|