how do i wire up and what amp do i use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im not in over my head. I just need helpful people. ive found out that I need a capacitor for my tweeters and I need a 100w rms per channel amp. if u no anything about them then just be more specific and help me. telling me that amp is no good dosent help me. why is it no good? where can I get a good one? ect, and telling me what size capacitor to get cant be that hard can it?

I've got no experience of that particular amplifier.

However, if you are using drivers at close to their limits you need a good quality amplifier that wont be "clipping" at full volume.

There is a some sense in using a bigger amplifier that is limited to a fraction of it's maximum power. The difficulty then is making sure that the power to the speakers doesn't exceed their limits. This can be done by fitting an attenuator (or as FoMoCo says a fuse). Not a wise idea as the drivers can be easily damaged.

Last edited:
If you are completely new to the audio/electronics game, why not aim a little bit lower.

It a schoolboy thing to have as many watts as possible, as you learn you will find that watts aren't everything.

I run a 100W amp here, but most of the time it's too loud at 6W, sounds silly but it's true.

You might be well served looking at a good quality 50W or even 25W amp like the Pass F5, which is VERY popular on here and is very good quality for surprisingly little cost.

thanks for your concern katieanddad and I appreciate your input but i'm not giving up on this project i've already build 500watts worth of subwoofers and the speakers im doing now are my mid tops. I no that I need a amp 100watts rms per channel ( if any one could reckomend one that would be great ) I no I need either a passive crossover or a capacitor ( if anyone could recommend one that would be great too ). all I need is this small piece of info as to what equipment I need to run my drivers and tweeters that I stated at the start of this post and I can get on with what im good at. Building.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.