Autotrax 1.61 for DOS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I 'll ask the mods if this thread is not correctly placed, then move it anywhere is better than here.

I'm still using DOS machines with DOS stuff, one of them is the famous Autotrax 1.61. If anybody is still also using it, and knows any add on or second program that converts pcb's into negative form to be used with negative sensibilized material.

Many thanks in advance.

If you print to a file, there's probably some way of importing that into an image editor, or of converting it.

Alternatively, "Protel For Windows" might be available in some dark corner of the internet. It was a very early Windows program, but it does support Windows graphics and printer drivers, so you're not limited to particular chipsets and printers. There's something abnormal about how it handles the mouse, but apart from that it worked fine in Windows 2000 when I had a chance to try it.

I found a page with a GUI which seems to cleverly blend the demo version of PFW with Autotrax, so you can print using the Windows drivers. That may open up other possibilities.
Protel Autotrax GUI

There is a "PCX printer driver" available for Autotrax and Easytrax, in 300dpi and 600 dpi.
You just install it, select it and "print", this will generate a .pcx graphic file which can be seen/edited/modified/inverted in any graphics package, such as IrfanView.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.