Question about changing Cabinet design - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Construction Tips

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2013, 11:16 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Question about changing Cabinet design

Hi all,
I've searched and can't find anything regarding my concern. I am putting together Zaphs ZDP 3.5 design and want to go with curved sided cabinets. Given that the horizontal cross section will be identical to Zaph's original rectangle cross section (80.62 in2), the other dimensions should be the same, and thus, volume. Additionally, the width of the baffle and placement of the drivers will be as prescribed by Zaph in his plans. Is there anything I am doing that would alter the final results of the original design???
Old 28th March 2013, 06:52 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

When I mention final results, I am referring to the sound quality.
Old 3rd April 2013, 07:11 PM   #3
kbyrne is offline kbyrne  United States
diyAudio Member

Have you thought about putting both dimensions into Bass Box. May bee you could view both before and after and solve that question your self. Best Kevin

Hide this!Advertise here!