A Slackers Boombox Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I've been picking at this project for a couple of weeks now and decided to document the construction. It's a slacker boombox mainly because I can't stand calculations and like to keep things cheap. I built this out of a salvaged TDA7365 amp board from an old CRT monitor base and salvage 4" 4ohm no name speakers someone was tossing. I also had a spare plastic toolbox and misc parts from previous builds and junk I had laying around. I think the biggest expense was the SLA battery (These were on sale for $12 bucks). Here's the pics and basic (I mean basic :D) wiring guide.

Attachments

• basic layout.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 1 Spk mntd.jpg
    1 Spk mntd.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 2 tray prepped.jpg
    2 tray prepped.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 203
  • 3 Batt Mounted.jpg
    3 Batt Mounted.jpg
    830.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 4 Charger Installed.jpg
    4 Charger Installed.jpg
    886.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 5 Amp Mounted.jpg
    5 Amp Mounted.jpg
    845.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 6 Done.jpg
    6 Done.jpg
    951.8 KB · Views: 127
Nice bro I'm looking to make something similar to that using a briefcase. I'm having trouble with finding parts for connections and stuff like that. I also have no idea on what to use when it comes to a battery charger. I'm considering using it only under battery power and using a car battery trickle charger to get the battery its juice. Do you think that would work? Any help would be appreciated! Good job again!

Thanks for the comments guys,

As far as a car battery trickle charger it should work fine. The first one I built like this I used a charger/maintainer from SEARS(DieHard Battery Charger/Maintainer : Exclusively Available at Sears). Just make sure that the current on the charger doesn't exceed the max current on the SLA battery. That info is either on the side of the battery or on the manufacturers website. As far as connections go some of it's soldered, some is wire nuts and some is crimp on stuff it depends on what you have or want to spend.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.