Scaling Down

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah I know about those but I was just hopeing it would be that easy. I just havent been able to find paramaters for folded howns or TL boxes. I know that the horn should get bigger at the mouth but should it be 20"s big or 100"s? And should it go from 20 to 100 in 3 bends or 20?

Thoughts?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Which one and why are you not starting from scratch? Or is that what you mean by scaling back. If you are looking for a back loaded horn, my first thought would be to hire Scottmoose to design you a box. Keep in mind you might be best off using a Tapped Horn, not either of the ones you have shown. TH's are the best bang for the buck in today's design circles.

I've built the housewrecker per spec and its amazing, deep clean bass that fills the house. but I wanted something smaller for my room or even my car, cant fit a 48" speaker in a hatch or my sedan.

And I like TL speakers but as i mentioned, I have no idea where to start. I dont mind paying someone for speaker plans but I'd like to get some outlines on how to design them so I can make some of my own.

Danny, even with the appropriate math to scale down Steve's big-a$$ Imperial Horn, you wouldn't have the room to fit the

impsm.jpg

OK, I think this was really just a cheap photoshop prank, but with Steve, one never knows - IIRC this was Bindi - very flexible - although DeVon probably had something to say about the dress code

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.