Toner transfer or photoresist for SMD precision PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which would you recommend? I have previously used photoresist PCBs (with paper only, not transparencies) and a desk light, for hole mounted only, but people seem to be getting good results with toner transfer too. I need to buy a new printer anyway, should decide on laser or inkjet (better for transparency masks afaik).

Which would you recommend? I have previously used photoresist PCBs (with paper only, not transparencies) and a desk light, for hole mounted only, but people seem to be getting good results with toner transfer too. I need to buy a new printer anyway, should decide on laser or inkjet (better for transparency masks afaik).

If you opt for toner transfer, don't buy a Brother laser printer. They use a different toner, which won't let go from the paper or transfer film whatever you do. I had a Brother, and ended up buying a Samsung printer which solved all the problems.

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.