prototyping audio jack?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where to buy an audio jack specifically designed to be used with breadboards? As in they have that standard pin spacing? I've searched digikey and stuff and I could only find jacks with tabs, not pins. I don't want to have to destroy an audio cable just to prototype. Thanks.

Or a dead CD or Cassette player.

If you are talking RCA jacks, find jacks on a small piece of pc board, and add some solid wires to it. PLug the wires into your breadboard, rather than looking for jack to plug directly into it. A couple wires plugged into the thing get in the way a whole lot less than a jack assembly.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I want the 3.5mm plug.

at least we got that clear

I don't want surface-mount components, only through hole parts that can be plugged directly into a breadboard or a perfboard.

maybe you cant find it because you use wrong search terms :confused:

surface mount ? I guess you mean panel mount ?

through hole parts ? I guess that would be plug with solder pins, solder lugs, plug for print, or ... ?

at least we got that clear

maybe you cant find it because you use wrong search terms :confused:

surface mount ? I guess you mean panel mount ?

through hole parts ? I guess that would be plug with solder pins, solder lugs, plug for print, or ... ?

I don't know if solder pins or lugs can be plugged into a breadboard. I just want a 3.5mm jack that just plugs into a breadboard, without any modifications, like a DIP package.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.