Holden Mixer Restoration Project - Help Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, as this is my first post so I should introduce myself. I am a final year electronics engineering student, who lives in Christchurch, New Zealand. I have spent many a long day behind a mixing console, doing live FOH, OB and post production, I also tinker, build my own gear ect.

I picked up a 16 channel series 4 console manufactured by Holden Sound Industries in Christchurch, in the late 70’s with the intention of restoring it as a personal project, I am wondering if anyone else has encounted these consoles before and may have any technical documentation for them? A long shot I know, but worth a try. I have attached some photos.

I know some others here have done restoration projects of their own and I am also looking for advice, I know the basic process of recapping ect. What I would like to know is if you did your restoration again, knowing what you know now, how would you do it differently? What are the tricks that you found worked well?

Attachments

• 226553664_full.jpg
    226553664_full.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 227521176_full.jpg
    227521176_full.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 227521225_full.jpg
    227521225_full.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 62
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.