ROG Tonemender with JAN6418 tubes instead of TL072

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I bought one of these Oatley tube preamp kits. They've gotten some talk here and I have to say I prefer this simple $30 kit over my $400plus L.R Baggs pre/DI. They use 2 JAN6418 submini pentodes. VERY battery friendly and great tone, but only have 2 "set and forget" DIP switches for high/low pass filters with no realtime tone control.

So I'm thinking now, how about an EQ driven by these tubes? I've got ROG's Tonmender in mind, replacing the TL072's with JAN6418's using the Pentaboost as a starting point, tho all EQ ideas are on the table. How can I use the pentodes to drive the EQ circuit?

Info incl. schem here: http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com/files/K270notes.pdf

Also built Rick Holt's "Pentaboost" with these tubes too with great results (kudos to Rick).

Problem: I have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone give me some pointers or point me towards some reading material so I might be able to marry these two ideas together?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.