Reynaud magic stands clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking of making a clone of the Jean Marie Reynaud magic stands ... these are a pair of stands that attenuate the midbass hump of most bookshelf speakers and extend the bass at 50Hz +3dB.

If somebody has access to a pair of those stands, can you verify those plans for me?

I also could use some tips, like what do I use to join the panels together with no vibration and no ugly screws showing, and what kind of black paint should I use on the mdf to provide a flat matte almost rubbery finish that will not scratch over time and is easy to clean/wipe.

Here's the plans I have:

Attachments

• magic stand.pdf
    56.9 KB · Views: 211
  • d-tails d-bits.pdf
    6.5 KB · Views: 179
  • cl3b749y.jpg
    cl3b749y.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 352
  • JMR_magicstand1.jpg
    JMR_magicstand1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 294
  • wxda79pd.jpg
    wxda79pd.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 287
for joinery, I'd use biscuits, dowels, or else screw and post laminate - will leave a tell-tale brown line along the joints

I'd not use MDF myself, unless that's part of the secret sauce

I've found all flat finishes to mar / scratch over time - plastic laminates are a bit easier to clean than paint, particularly the texturized ones (rubber, stone coat, etc.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.