Enclosure for Cadence Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, i'm looking into setting up a good mid-range enclosure for these speakers . I will be using them for both vehicle and home play. I already considered how they will be powered and run at 8ohm, etc

I'm looking for a box design that will capture a good frequency response, as low as about 500hz or so; from midrange to midbass basically. So I don't know if i should make one box to fit all 4 or make 4 separate boxes for each or 2 boxes that hold 2 speakers each.

Let me know what you guys think.

If it helps, i will be using these horn tweeters with them.

In a car, you'd probably want to mount them in the kick panels with custom enclosures, or in the doors. Box volume shouldn't be critical; the main thing is to use plenty of stuffing, and maybe non-parallel walls to reduce the "honk" of internal resonances.

Custom kick-panel pods can be made using MDF, fleece, and fiberglass. If you google those terms you should find some info.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.