Total Noob Question...Getting my Oatley K303 into an enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys and Ladies,

First post here...I have been looking at this forum a lot and learning a lot, but now I'm stuck.

I built up the Oatley K303 preamp as my first "real" project after getting into electronics. It works great especially after changing the resistors to 1 percent and changing it back to its original version of using 2 pairs of SK170's (I changed all the cap and resistor values to fit). I tested it and it all was good.

So I'm trying to build an enclosure and I thought I hooked up everything correctly, BUT now all I get is loud popping sounds. I desoldered the 3 prong PCB mount RCA's it came with and wired it to RCA's on the enclosure. I tried to look up the correct way to wire RCA's and I think I did but I'm stuck. I wired all 3 of the holes by in/out to the center divit of the RCA....Is that wrong? And did maybe I blow a JFET?

Thanks for any help and I'm sure I'll have a lot moe questions to follow:):):)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.