First step into making my own boxes (HELP)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am new to this forum - Let me introduce myself - I'm an enthusias of anything really but my main passion is music and LOVE it load! So, I am enbarking on a step to develop and manfacture my own speaker boxes.

To let everyone know - I am not really DIY fused though, willing to learn.

I will be getting the following equipment to manufacture this box - They're will be 2 6x9 in the box.

The following is what I am gettting;

Ministry of sound 6x9
MDF 8 x 4 wood
Wood glue
Wood screws ~ 12mm
100m of speaker cable

I am looking to start this project on Friday but am looking for some advice before I enbark on my project.

Thanks.

Hi:), is this one box with 2 -6*9's or two boxes each with 1-6*9 ? What are you planning to finish the boxes with? And what's the 100 metres of wire for? Make sure the MDF is 3/4" and use pilot holes before screwing! I usually use screws that are 2 and a half times the wood thickness in length. Use lots of glue and clamps if desired.you might need some terminal cups to hook the wire into as well as silicone to fill any gaps on the inside. Get the manufacturer data sheet and find out what size box they recommend. Are you planning to do a sealed or ported box?

Last edited:
With 6x9s you rarely get T-S parameters, so it's impossible to build an ideal box unless you're set up to make the measurements yourself (or know someone). I'm inclined to go with the TLAR principle (That Looks About Right), and just build a box around 1 cubic foot and stuff it well. I wouldn't worry about using 3/4"; 1/2" or even 3/8" will work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.