Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Construction Tips

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd March 2012, 03:00 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to MotoMan_Yz400
Default Low Cost PCB supplier?

Hello, I'm working on a system and found that it might be cost effective to build my own amp (have special requirements for it). I've used express PCB before, they are fairly low cost and arrive quick. but I when you add silk screening and masking, they can run $100+ each . I'm willing to fore-go the super fast turn around time if there was a supplier that could give me a professional board for a low cost. Does anyone know of such a place?

Thanks

David
Old 22nd March 2012, 03:12 PM   #2
djoffe is offline djoffe  United States
diyAudio Member

I have used Speedy PCB, and been satisfied...ask them for a quote.

PCB Prototype and PCB Fabrication
Old 1st April 2012, 02:26 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

BatchPCB and DorkbotPDX

For two layer:
BatchPCB is $10 + $2.50/in^2/1x PCB + shipping. Lead time is ~ 1 month.
DorkbotPDX is $5/in^2/3x PCB. Lead time is ~ 2 weeks.

I used BatchPCB recently and was pretty disappointed - their board house put both sides of silkscreen on top and the soldermask was thin and uneven. The boards were usable, but annoying to work with. I believe I received the boards 3 weeks after ordering.

I have no prior experience with DorkbotPDX, but I have heard great things about them. They are also cheaper and faster than BatchPCB. Unless you have something against purple soldermask, this is the one I would recommend.
Old 1st April 2012, 02:27 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I just remembered one more service - iTead Studio. They have a lot of options, but I am unfamiliar with them.
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:20 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I've been very happy getting in on the Dorkbox PCB orders: PCB Order | DorkbotPDX

Very reasonable prices. You can send Eagle files. Pretty darn quick. Not slower than most onesy twosy sources.
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:39 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

If you have Gerber files try PCBWING.com PCB Manufacturer, Quick Turn High Quality Printed Circuit Board Discount, Stencil, Online quote and order they have an online costing tool. E
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:55 PM   #7
macboy is offline macboy  Canada
diyAudio Member

I found the following recently:

1. PCB Order | DorkbotPDX
In short: $5 / sq.in. for three boards, free shipping, US based. Maybe long lead time.

2. Fusion PCB Service [PCB08511P] - $9.90 : Seeed Studio Bazaar, Boost ideas, extend the reach
In short: $10 for 10 boards up to 5x5 cm; $25 for 10 boards up to 10x10 cm. Free shipping, from China.

Both of the above are dual-layer PTH, with solder mask and silkscreen. You will wait a while for either service, which is the cost of a low price.

Also look at PCB Manufacturers - Open Circuits for many many more ideas to sift through.
Old 3rd April 2012, 03:48 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Silver Circuits

I have used this company several times and have been impressed with the quality of product and professional service:
Silver Circuits / Custom PCB

-Charlie
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:58 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
1. PCB Order | DorkbotPDX
In short: $5 / sq.in. for three boards, free shipping, US based. Maybe long lead time.
In practice it is not a long lead time.
Old 4th April 2012, 04:43 PM   #10
RevMen is offline RevMen  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLaub View Post
I have used this company several times and have been impressed with the quality of product and professional service:
Silver Circuits / Custom PCB

-Charlie
I just had a shipment delivered from them this morning. Haven't had time to check the quality of the boards, but they look good, they were well packaged, the price was good, and they came pretty quickly considering they were made in Malaysia.

Hide this!Advertise here!