Low Cost PCB supplier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I'm working on a system and found that it might be cost effective to build my own amp (have special requirements for it). I've used express PCB before, they are fairly low cost and arrive quick. but I when you add silk screening and masking, they can run $100+ each :eek: . I'm willing to fore-go the super fast turn around time if there was a supplier that could give me a professional board for a low cost. Does anyone know of such a place?

Thanks

David

BatchPCB and DorkbotPDX

For two layer:
BatchPCB is $10 + $2.50/in^2/1x PCB + shipping. Lead time is ~ 1 month.
DorkbotPDX is $5/in^2/3x PCB. Lead time is ~ 2 weeks.

I used BatchPCB recently and was pretty disappointed - their board house put both sides of silkscreen on top and the soldermask was thin and uneven. The boards were usable, but annoying to work with. I believe I received the boards 3 weeks after ordering.

I have no prior experience with DorkbotPDX, but I have heard great things about them. They are also cheaper and faster than BatchPCB. Unless you have something against purple soldermask, this is the one I would recommend.

I found the following recently:

1. PCB Order | DorkbotPDX
In short: $5 / sq.in. for three boards, free shipping, US based. Maybe long lead time.

2. Fusion PCB Service [PCB08511P] - $9.90 : Seeed Studio Bazaar, Boost ideas, extend the reach
In short: $10 for 10 boards up to 5x5 cm; $25 for 10 boards up to 10x10 cm. Free shipping, from China.

Both of the above are dual-layer PTH, with solder mask and silkscreen. You will wait a while for either service, which is the cost of a low price.

Also look at PCB Manufacturers - Open Circuits for many many more ideas to sift through.

I have used this company several times and have been impressed with the quality of product and professional service:
Silver Circuits / Custom PCB

-Charlie
I just had a shipment delivered from them this morning. Haven't had time to check the quality of the boards, but they look good, they were well packaged, the price was good, and they came pretty quickly considering they were made in Malaysia.

I just had a shipment delivered from them this morning. Haven't had time to check the quality of the boards, but they look good, they were well packaged, the price was good, and they came pretty quickly considering they were made in Malaysia.

They seem to use an international 2-3 day shipping (priority?). Up to a certain weight, it's affordable. You can get very good estimates from their web site on the PCB and shipping prices and figure out where this breakpoint lies. All in all, I have been very satisfied with the orders that I places with them.

-Charlie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.