Update/upgrade for Craig Anderton's Electronic projects for musicians

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone

I am fairly new into dyi electronics/music gear and here it is:
I started reading Craig Anderton Electronic projects for musicians and I as started shopping for parts, I realized most of the IC's (mostly op-amps) are no longer available and obsolete (RC4136 and RC4739 as an example). There are some sockets available on the market that change the pin order and other "MacGyver" workarounds but I figured out that I could just start looking for something a tad more "up-to-date".
:confused:
Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I roll with these workarounds or just I try finding projects that are more recent? Also please note that I am a rookie at this.
:)

If you google these 2 parts you will find pin and spec compatible parts.
I am not familiar with your text, but if the projects suit you, use it. There are many good sites and forums (including this one) dealing with electronic projects for musicians. Compare and have a lot of fun! E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.