Winding transformers using a flangeless bobbin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

in another tread there was a link to C-cores by Alpha Core. They also sell rectangular phenolic tubes fitting to their cores. But I'm wondering how one manages winding the second etc. layer without seeing the magnet wire falling off the edges? What's the secret?

Best regards!

no secret, just give some clearance to the edge say 2mm at least......using a thins sheet of fish paper or Mylar for inter-layer insulation....

before the advent of plastic formed bobbins, i used to wind traffo coils rhis way:

DSCN0271_800.jpg

Very good looking, Tony!

But how did you avoid the wire's falling off the edges? Did you increase the clearance from layer to layer? And how did you fix the terminal endings?

Best regards!

i try to get he same winding width from layer to layer, the ends are fixed with tapes, for smaller gauge wires, this is not hard to do and tape is sensually not needed.....

aikidotraffo14.jpg

please look here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/191730-my-latest-traffo-build.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.