new and not sure of upgradeing - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Construction Tips

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2012, 10:36 PM   #1
roger1 is offline roger1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default new and not sure of upgradeing

Hi everyone

i am new to diy in the electronics area, i wondered would it be asking a lot if i started a project asking help all the way to redo a power amp to audiophile status. would you be kind enough to help me? i am tired of asking companies that are not helpful and give excuses also that charge to much. i am going to start with phono plugs and speaker terminals first.
if i could get a notion on if any one can help it would boulster my confidence in maybe going all the way. i am not at all technical.

respects raju please consider my plea seriousley
Old 8th January 2012, 12:26 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Problem is that you wish to improve something you already don't understand. Lots of people here will be happy to answer your questions, but it's going to take you a while to learn enough electronics to even know what to ask. This becomes even more difficult if you don't know what the basic components look like, how they act or what special care is needed in replacing them. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but upgrading an existing amp to audiopile status is not a project for non technical people.

Doc
Old 10th January 2012, 07:04 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi raju.

It would maybe help others to help you if you could please tell us the make and model nummber of the said power amplifier.

Hide this!Advertise here!