First Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build for my first build the KGSSHV electrostatic headphone amplifier but as you can guess I don't know anything about electronics.

On a first glance everything I need to do is just to solder the parts on the pcb but I know there's more than that.

So where to start ?

I want to build for my first build the KGSSHV electrostatic headphone amplifier but as you can guess I don't know anything about electronics.

On a first glance everything I need to do is just to solder the parts on the pcb but I know there's more than that.

So where to start ?

I'd start with a cmoy. Then stick a fork in a wall socket and get your first big shock over with. My $0.02.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Read the safety and newbie threads in tubes & valves.. Will stand you in good stead when you do get around to building that electrostatic headphone amp.. The cmoy is a good beginner suggestion, low voltage, simple and safe.. Alternately one of the various low voltage tube headphone amps might be an option.

I'd start with a cmoy. Then stick a fork in a wall socket and get your first big shock over with. My $0.02.
Already done that as a child luckily everything went down.

Read the safety and newbie threads in tubes & valves.. Will stand you in good stead when you do get around to building that electrostatic headphone amp.. The cmoy is a good beginner suggestion, low voltage, simple and safe.. Alternately one of the various low voltage tube headphone amps might be an option.
The cmoy looks like a boring project which one of those has more documentation ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.