Help With Piece Of Lost Solder Pad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was unsoldering a capacitor in my preamp and did a little twist around to the other side of the lead with my wick. Bad move. View the picture to see the torn pad. It tore a piece of my pad up. So my question is two part.

1. Can I jumper over using some snipped capacitor lead?
  2. By viewing the picture can you determine if I need to jumper over to the C404 lead? Follow the line.
Thank you.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

From what I see they are the same. No need to go all the way, just say 1/4" or so. If you are really concerned with the ripped pad you can buy eyelets to repair it, but they are very pricey. I'd just clean off a bit of the trace. That can be done carefully with the tip of an exacto knife or with a small wire whip in a dremel.
Doc

Or some fine grit emery paper.

One of my favorite is a fiberglass brush eraser. It is abrasive and will take that solder mask lacquer right off, but it is softer than the copper, so won;t abrade the copper away. Also great for shining up edge connector traces and other metal surfaces.

They make them in fibergalss, as well as softer nylon, and brass, and even stainless steel bristles. Adjustable with refill and disposable. Here is my fave:
[AA0020] E111/C Metal Body Coarse FybRglass® Eraser

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 93
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.