Sub and 6X9's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, long time reader of the forums, first post though. I was thinking of building an active box for a room. I have quite a controversial setup for an audiophile, 2 6X9 speakers, though they are not too bad, They use neodymium magnets and are very light.

For power I have a Sony 2/1 channel Xplod XM 150 amplifier (Bring on the hate of Sony!), 150 watts into a 4 ohm load on each channel, powered by a 700W ATX computer power supply.

For the subwoofer, I was thinking of going to Halfords and buying the Mutant 800W sub, as funds are an issue with this setup.
I was thinking of powering the 6X9s in series on one channel and the sub on the other, so the receives more power.
Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Harry.

The first crazy hifi I heard had KEF 104's that use oblong woofers.

What plans for the 6x9 cabinets? Ported? Suspension? How big is your room?

If the amp can be "bridged" to mono and has crossover controls, you might want to use it on a sub and get another amp to drive the 6x9's

P

Last edited by a moderator:
Oblong woofers? Crazy.
And for the 6X9's I was thinking just free air but mounted facing forward in an L - shaped piece of wood, if that makes any sense?
And that exactly what I was thinking, there's another couple of 6X9's (the same model/type) up for grabs and a 4 channel amp, 1000W peak, not sure of the RMS, would need maybe 60 - 80 watts per 6X9? My amp I have now can be bridged, 12db/octave crossover from 300 - 50 hz. And my rooms pretty small, around maybe 500 - 700 cu ft.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.