Design simple Stereo Audio Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does any Know how to design simple Stereo Audio Amplifier(Pre-Amp+Tone Control+Output Stage) by using LM358 op-amp and (8 ohm Speaker) ,the circuit should be working with 4.5V (e.g. 3 AA batteries)...????
I designed several circuits but I got 2 much noise :(
I really need some help PLZ....one of the circuit that I built is show below(Op-Amp Audio Amplifier)...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• Stereo Audio Amplifier circuit.jpg
    Stereo Audio Amplifier circuit.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 203
The easiest level meter is to use an LED driver chip like the LM3915 or LM3916. There are probably others that were more optimized for consumer electronics, but they may be obsolete now that everything is digital. Take a look inside scrap cassette players.

All resistors carry <a href="http://www.physics.ucdavis.edu/xdzhu/Physics122_2008/Johnson%20Noise%20Manual_2008.pdf">Johnson noise</a>. The higher the R value, the greater the noise. Your 1M resistors seem to be way high for normal outputs. You might also check the National Semiconductor <a href="http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM158.pdf">datasheet</a> for your opamp for some ideas.

Because for my experiment there are specifications for using some components,the list of the component that I can use to design the volume meter circuit : Transistors, Resistors,LEDs,Capacitors and AA batteries>4.5 volts.
So if any one can help me and provide schematic diagram I will appreciated..:)
Many thanks....

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
How are you going to sense the angle of rotation of the volume control and apply it to your circuit ?

With a mono amp it's easy (the clue is in the mono bit :))

What do you think your circuit (as drawn above) will do when powered up ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.