Magnets for removable baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
buy something bigger than 3mm that's the size I used and they are just adequate for a light grill, give it a light bump and it falls off. that size only works if it is magnet to magnet. any cloth in between and they won't hold at all. I think 10mm would probably be advisable.

If you want them exposed you can get some nice gold plated ones.

Tony.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Do you mean grills? Magnets are not suitable for attaching a baffle.

We get the magnets for our grills from Lee Valley.

And what Tony says... some of our heavier grills need more than 4 magnets, early attempts have grills that will fall off if you look at them wrong. I fear someday the grills themselves will damage the speaker.

dave

Do you mean grills? Magnets are not suitable for attaching a baffle.

We get the magnets for our grills from Lee Valley.

And what Tony says... some of our heavier grills need more than 4 magnets, early attempts have grills that will fall off if you look at them wrong. I fear someday the grills themselves will damage the speaker.

dave

I mean baffles. Im pretty sure I've seen them used but cant remember where. You have to use strong magnets for sure.

Neo magnets the size of a nickle hold with exceptional force, and just getting them close to each other can get them to "bite" you as they attach to each other. I had to find replacments for a project at work as persons who used the machine with 1 neo magnet complained it was TOO STRONG.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.