Make countersink deeper?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yesterday I made my speaker holes. They worked out great, only the countersink should be 2mm deeper. As I now no longer have a center point, I cannot use my circlejig to align the router.
How could i make the countersink a little deeper so my woofers align nicely with the wood?

If you still have the cutout you made yesterday, could you put your baffle on a piece of scrap wood and clamp it down, then place and center the cutout in the opening, making sure that it is center and secure it to the scrap piece with two countersunk screws? This should give you a flush surface with the center hole you need to do a second pass with the router, no?
If you don't have the cutout piece anymore, any piece of wood that fits inside the cutout should work, if you mark the center exactly and drill a hole for the jig pin.

What dagerman said.

Or, there are router bits that have bearings at the end. If you had one the right size and shape, you could just run that around the inside of the existing cut-out. Considering how big the bit would have to be, a half-inch shaft (and router) might be advisable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.