Wanting to create a wall of sound with multiple speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy folks,

I have some speakers lying around, a friend who is a carpenter and a desire to make some loud noise.

I want to create a single box, that I could fit through doors with the following speakers: 4 15"s, 8 tweeters, 2 mids and 2 mid horns.

Problem is, I have no idea where to begin. Anyone know where to start? Any help on this potentially awesome project would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for the replys. I am just wanting to use speakes I have lying around. The 4 15"s are 2 Gemsounds (i know, i know) and 2 Pioneers. The others are random. I'd like to be able to switch speakers out often. The Pioneers sound awesome and the Gemsounds are just meh. I'm up for any suggestions. I want to do this fairly inexpensively. If I were to start with lumber, will any hardwood do, or do I need to get something soft (particle board etc.)?

Thanks Pano. With something this size (I'm thinking 6' tall) would 2 and a half feet deep be enough for decent airflow? I think I'll go with MDF board, since that is what all my other boxes are made with, but I'd like the front to be a solid hardwood that I could laquer up to be purty. Also, does anyone know how many watts of an amp I will need to push all of this? I'm hoping 1000w will do, or do I need more?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Actually, the more drivers you use, the less power you'll need. Isn't that nice? :D
Just be sure you wire them up correctly.
Be careful with solid wood, it shrinks, wraps, cracks and can squeeze your drivers. Better to use plywood. Veneer if you want to.

2 1/2 feet deep should be plenty. Mine are 2 feet deep and that's a lot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.