only drum and/or bass output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello people,
I am totally new to this field so pardon me if you find the question silly.
what i have is a 3.5mm jack, connected to two wires carrying varying voltage of a music file.
what i want - a circuit as small/compact as possible which gives me "only bass" varying voltage of the same music file.
for this, correct me if I am wrong, i need a bass equalizer IC and amplifiers.
I need very accurate results and a compact structure that's why i am using an IC for this purpose. I want to know the size of device which i would end up with. Also, suggest if you have any better idea.
Thanks in advanced. :)

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
That's a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string" ;)

Do you want to build something yourself? Or buy something pre-built? If building yourself it should be possible to make something quite compact. If you only need the bass (ie you aren't spliting the signal into low and high) a single sallen key filter should do the trick and it will have a low component count.

Other things to consider is how sharp you need the cutoff (12db / octave per stage in a sallen key) the steeper you need the cutoff the bigger the circuit will be due to needing extra filter stages.

Tony.

12 db/ octave is pretty good.
Thanks for explaining. For what I have understood, i am attaching a file, please check whether I am on the right track or not.

Anshul

Attachments

• file#1.jpg
    file#1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 54
An electronic crossover can be just the little circuit, or it can refer to a complete piece of equipment. AS a circuit, a crossover normally would be a high pass filter and a low pass filter, built around the same crossover frequency.

In your case you want half of one - you want the low pass filter.

That tone control circuit you show is not probably the best way to do it, though it is passive. An op amp based circuit can be very compact and not to complicated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.