Building k-horn clones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have speaker lab plans and 3 of the metric ones out there.All differ with measurements.I have been told the old Goergian Electro Voice plans are close to the original.Does anyone have these or know were I can get them as I would like to use them to compare with the others.

Thanks Woody

The Klipschprn would be a great. It is actually a bit tricky depending on your skill level. There is more than one set of speakerlab drawings out there. It is not clear which is closer to the real deal.

What many have found, myself included, is that the Klipsch Jubilee bass bin is a simpler project and it sounds better. The bass bin has sufficient bandwidth that you could go with a two way configuration if that is something you seek. It has other advantages also.

The design and performance was outlined in a JAES article (Delgado & Klipsch, 2000) and there is enough info over on the Klipsch forum to get you started.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I think I read someplace that there was a serious flaw in the Speakerlab version, something to do with the throat or the size of the chamber behind the woofer. It might have been an Audio magazine interview with Paul Klipsch, the same one that described his penchant for throwing foam-rubber bricks at bank windows.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.