faraday ring shape ?(shorting ring)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had read alot about faraday ring, which have advantage of reduce imductance and provide more linear motion, etc.
But how to construct and what is the shape ? I heard some said plating the surface, but not so much info about it.

(I)Should I make it a big cylinder around those surface needed (pole and top plate, well depend on design),

(II)or make it like a coil, similar to voice coil ? (maybe opposite direction ?)

(III)Or make make many short cylindrical ring, stack together with insulation, means shorting in a ring, by layer, instead of one big one. (seems like a round layer cake)

I personally think that third one is better ? but may limit by the current carrying capacity, need further design.

SO now, which do you felt the best, or you have better suggestion ? (also can let me know how to make ? hope can be easily accessed)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.