Tips for building D-class?
I just ordered Hypex UCD400 HxR D-class amp & SMPS400 power supplys, and I'm building 2 mono amps on their own boxes. I have some experience on electrics and I know the basics, but now I started thinking that what should I understand when building such an amplifier to get all it's potential out without any distortions or other problems?
- Should I somehow physically separate the amp & power supply from each other?
- Should I use twisted wires somewhere?
- Are there any other potential problems with distortions etc. that should be noted?
- After the amp is ready, how could I measure that is is built correctly before connecting it to the pre-amp & speakers (and blowing them away IF something was wrong)?
- I tried to search for the building instructions for Hypex UCD, but they are mostly just "connect-this-wire-to-there" instructions without any deeper knowledge on shieldings or distortions. Are there any GOOD instuctions around?
All hints are more than welcome!
EMC Information Centre - The EMC Journal (Free in the UK)
They have a series running regarding EMC and SMPS, Class D etc, it is worth looking at, as Cladd D designs are a potential EMC nightmare.
Thanks for the tip, Marce!
I couldn't find much information from the site anyway, since I'm from Finland I can't get those free informations.
Are there any "EMC for dummies" guides for D-class DIY'ers around..?
Try these links, articles you want are near back of publication.
Check data sheets and application notes for thye various driver chips that are available for SMPS.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2016 diyAudio