Tips for building D-class?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just ordered Hypex UCD400 HxR D-class amp & SMPS400 power supplys, and I'm building 2 mono amps on their own boxes. I have some experience on electrics and I know the basics, but now I started thinking that what should I understand when building such an amplifier to get all it's potential out without any distortions or other problems?

- Should I somehow physically separate the amp & power supply from each other?
- Should I use twisted wires somewhere?
- Are there any other potential problems with distortions etc. that should be noted?
- After the amp is ready, how could I measure that is is built correctly before connecting it to the pre-amp & speakers (and blowing them away IF something was wrong)?
- I tried to search for the building instructions for Hypex UCD, but they are mostly just "connect-this-wire-to-there" instructions without any deeper knowledge on shieldings or distortions. Are there any GOOD instuctions around?

All hints are more than welcome!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.