First DIY project and needing some help matching speakers and receivers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning on starting my first DIY speaker project here in the next month or so. I have been shopping for parts the past couple of months but seem to just get more confused the more I read about on how to match speakers to receivers and amps. I dont know if this is in the right section of the forums or not but I didnt really know where else to put it.

Equipment chosen so far:
@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Vifa BC25SC06-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter
@font-face { font-family: "Times"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 10pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }h1 { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 24pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }span.Heading1Char { font-family: Times; font-weight: bold; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } HiVi M8a 8" Aluminum/Magnesium Woofer

Denon AVR-1911

Questions:
1. Will this receiver be enough to power these speakers? If could some one please help me understand how to figure out how to match speakers and receivers together that would be great!
2. Since I will be using just 2.1 sound how many watts will be dedicated to each speaker?
3. If these will not work with each other or you have other suggestions on drivers, receiver, crossover, etc. selection, what would you recommend for making a 2-way bookshelf speakers.

I am open for any help or suggestions. Thanks in advance

That reciever will have plenty of clean power to drive the speakers you have choosen for sure.
Use a program like Winlsd to model the speaker with if you plan using a ported or closed box design.
You can also model multi driver designs if you chose to go that route aswell it is a great program and it is free.

jer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.