subwoofer box bracing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everyone,new to diyaudio. i have a question that might be posted already but i havent found it. i bought a used home powered sub,the allison al-10. i wasnt happy after playing it for a while with the sound. i bought a dayton classic 10" 4ohm sub from parts express to replace the allison sub. the dayton sounds nice, the probably i am having is the box rattles like crazy. ive been trying to think of a way to brace the box,and since its prebuilt,not sure it will be possible since i only have a hole thats around 10" to get the braces in. so the question is, is there a method to brace with limited space to work with? the box came with a few skinny pieces of polyfill,ive added almost a pound of polyfill to the box. also,being that the box is ported,the port runs a good 10" i would guess into the inside of the box. i'm getting the feeling that i will have to build my own (which i am no carpenter by any stretch,and dont have the tools to do it) or buy a prefab box from parts express. not sure what to do?

Thanks for the info. I put 3,1inch square dowel rods in it and also ran as much silicone caulk as I could around the the interior,guess I will see if that works after it dries. I may go ahead and brace the outside and add another face to the front to attach the sub. I may also attach mdf to the outside braces and they cover it all. Thanks once again for the quick replies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.