PCB Repair recommendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Searching 'epoxy' on the US amazon site showed numerous types in 2-pack syringes, you'd want the standard grade, not the quicksetting.

Or you could try polyester fibreglass resin from Hobby Lobby, but you need the hardener, it's out of stock, but you can probably get it from an auto supplier.

w

Searching 'epoxy' on the US amazon site showed numerous types in 2-pack syringes, you'd want the standard grade, not the quicksetting.

Or you could try polyester fibreglass resin from Hobby Lobby, but you need the hardener, it's out of stock, but you can probably get it from an auto supplier.

w

Thanks wakibaki.... I wasn't sure if "standard grade" epoxy could be used successfully.... I will have a look at the fiberglass resin you mentioned @ HL.

Do you know if "regular" fiberglass resin catalyst can be used with this polyester resin?

thanks;

B-

I need to perform a few repairs on an old glass/epoxy board. I'm wondering if someone can recommend an "inexpensive/easy to find" epoxy which would suffice for this job.

I'm trying to avoid having to purchase a $300-$400 kit since I only need to repair one pcb.

'

Take a look at Devcon Plastic Welder. It's a 2 part like epoxy but twice as strong and won't soften like epoxy when it gets warm. It gets hard enough to drill holes in it and file/sand it smooth. Nasty smell while mixing it but worth it. I'd put a Scotch tape form on the side near the most traces and fill the other and file it smooth when it cures - about 4 hours.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.