layered MDF vertical array

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My second post is missing...??? This is ridiculous.

The first panel (baffle) is facing the listener. The remaining 11 is at a 90 degree and layered to together. I want some help, ideas, and suggestions before I take my plunge router to the stock. So this should be a T-Line with 11 layers of 3/4" MDF 8"x48" plus the front baffle (8"x36") for each cabinet.

That is not a very efficient or cost effective way to build an enclosure. You could get both boxes of that size from that amount of material and have some left over. It would take less time to build as well.

Thank you, but that is not the goal here. This is a research project. Efficiency and cost are not the objective right now. I appreciate your help though.

Great now where getting somewhere. :D
Yes I have watching Bob Brines projects for some time. MDF is fine for this stage. The material used in the final design will be different. But it must be cut this way. It's a very dense material. The end result will NOT be flat, for it is molded. So at this stage, MDF will do for now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.