First Loud Speaker Box Build Need Help!!!!! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Construction Tips

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th February 2011, 09:17 AM   #11
Jameslc is offline Jameslc  Australia
diyAudio Member

The* lol i'm rubbish with english
Old 19th February 2011, 09:28 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I will Build them and post a pic when i am done!
Old 19th February 2011, 09:40 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

I did suggest that you can even skip the box and leave it...unboxed .
Same thing can be done with a woofer ,given an adequate baffle width to overcome the very first nulls ,that can be outnumbered
by giving massive EQ to the very first octaves ...this implies having drivers with good excursion...and a wide emitting area (most prefer dual 12 or 15" ).
I'm thinking in 'active crossover' mode ,because it is much easier to turn a knob than projecting a passive crossover ...for me . Panomaniac started a thread which I find very instructive :Fast, fun, Inexpensive OB project
Old 19th February 2011, 10:04 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I will keep that in mind but wont having an open baffle kill the low freqs and just be all high freq coming out of the woofer ?
Old 19th February 2011, 10:24 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

each speaker acts as mechanical frequency pass-band
a speaker is a 'constrained spring' ,with the swinging element being the membrane and the attached voice coil ,and has two suspensions .
The mass and material of the membrane dictates some parameters ..which are the mechanical ones ,together with the 'suspension compliance' ,then there are the electrical ones dictated by the magnet force ,the windings of the coil .
So it is impossible for a woofer to reproduce (with same output) the trebles -the cone cannot vibrate at high frequencies because of its mass- same for the tweeters and any dynamic transducer .
I first replied because I feel fraternity to those who start building without thinking too much ...but then there is time for guessing...and correcting...then you realize that the time spent in studying the basics will help you to start with hopefully successful projects .
Old 16th March 2011, 08:22 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

this is what i have come up with picowallspeaker if your intrested

Iso-Barik 12" woofers ported
6.5'' Midrange ported
1" tweeter

Hide this!Advertise here!